Reflection Questions for 2009
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Sarah was accepted into college.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Completing all the tasks that come with the end of high school. I never knew just what counselors did.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
The Lightship Festival with our church.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Nothing comes to mind, but I'm sure it's there. --- I figured it out. Carl's shoulder injury.
5. Pick three words to describe 2009.
Blur. Full. Changing.
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
Busy. Involved. Faithful.
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009 (again, without asking).
Work. Growth. Work.
8. What were the best books you read this year?
I can't remember reading a single book this year.
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
My husband, daughters and mother.
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Stepping out of my comfort zone and getting involved.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I have really practiced patience this year.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
Our marriage has improved and I personally have felt deeper in faith. More sure than ever.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
I'm not sure I have. I think this is my biggest account in 2010.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I am generally a loner (other than family). This year I was involved in three projects that I felt put me in the path of others. It was difficult, but just being involved with others helped me to learn a little more about who they are. The best new relationship of the year was with my friend Janet. The best old relationship that is just solid and strong, lays with Denise.
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
Pass.. LOL Let's see... oh! Dropping Netzero and going with Hughesnet. With an almost cable like connection, the newfound extra time is amazing. Now to get rid of Facebook and I should be good to go.
16. What was your most challenging area of home management?
Money issues and disorganization!
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Before Hughesnet, waiting for things to load on the computer. After Hughesnet, the internet in general.
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Being involved with my church.
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.
Went way to fast but boy was it fun.