Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Now I Understand.

So my mom is wonderful.  I love her dearly.  But when I'm sick, she's a hovering mom.  I'm 40 and she treats me like I'm 10 when I'm sick.  "Are you feeling better yet?  Does it still hurt?  Can I do anything?" and the questions continue on until I feel better to make her quiet.. lol..or maybe I just feel better.

Last night I got a call from Sarah, her tooth is bothering her something awful.  She didn't know what to to do to make it feel better and I couldn't get her into a dentist at 9:30 at  night.  And being 5 hours from home it's just tough not being there able to help her.  Although, I guess it's a good thing, because my help would be like my moms... "Are you feeling better yet?  Does it still hurt?  Can I do anything?"

I did manage to find a dentist that takes our insurance though and she has an appointment in the morning.  The worst part is that it always seems to hurt the most when you're just waiting for the hours to tick by and get in to see him.  Truthfully, I think it's a sinus infection because she's sick, but I guess we'll see.

Wish I could take the pain away, but like I said in the title of this post... now I understand.  I understand that I just want you smiling  again.

78

No comments:

Post a Comment