Saturday, March 28, 2009

Grocery Shopping, Earth Hour & a Small Celebration

Went to the grocery store this morning...woot. I don't care much for shopping for good things, shopping groceries is even worse. But I did it. I overbought (working hard on not doing that) yet only spent $108.  I don't guess that's too bad because our cart was loaded and full of fresh veg/fruit.  Other than the fresh food, the rest of the things I bought will last about 2 weeks.

We're getting ready to go dark here for Earth Hour.  I never realized how many things we have plugged in.  http://www.earthhour.org/home/  happens tonight from 8:30-9:30 p.m.  It's not much on our part, but...

And I was doing a slight happy dance here.  We've went 1 whole week without eating out once.  For us... HUGE accomplishment.  It's embarrassing to say, but we at out at least 4-5 times a week... if not more.   I seriously can't remember a time in our 20 years of marriage that we didn't eat out at least a few times a week... so I'm pretty happy with myself right now for making the effort to keep up with dishes and feed my family healthy food. :D

Ok... going to go shut things down now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment