Tuesday, February 2, 2010

28 Day Organizing Challenge...

orgjunkielarge-1

::Pictures to come::

1. What do I want the purpose of my room or area to be?
- A quiet peaceful retreat.  I'd prefer a bed and breakfasty kind of room, but I'll even go with the no frills Howard Johnson kind of look.

2. What do I need in or near the room to serve that purpose?
Bed frame, lighting, laundry baskets.  I would like new bedding (sheets, pillows, throw pillows) but it's not required for organization. 

3. What can I remove from the room?
Junk, Dust, Excessive old clothes.  And stuff that hasn't been put away... such as the air conditioner, the Christmas tree --- my room is not a storage closet!!  That black craft container, the scrapbook bag, stuff that we don't use.

4. What problems do I see with the room?
My room has become a storage closet.

5. What organizational tools might solve those problems?
Laundry baskets and I have no idea what else can help.  Couple of small baskets for keys, etc and maybe a shoe rack???

6. What habits need to change to solve the organizational problems?  Well, I need to make my bed, dust and vacuum more often.  Most of the time I don't because it looks like crud anyhow.   Both of us are guilty for not putting our things away quickly also.

And to everyone who resides in my home...No tossing things in my room!!

7. What kind of a budget do I have to create the organized room of my dreams?I think $200.00 would do it.

8. What kind of a timeline is necessary to organize the room?
28 Days

9. What is my plan of action?
To get everything moved out of there except for the bed, two end tables, dresser and tv.  Clean the closet and clean it out.  I've been trying to work in the mess for years.  After reading the process plan of organization, I'm going to take the mess out and then sort and replace things as necessary.

10. Who can I ask to help me with this?  Carl and Kelly

 ~:|:~ Kathie

No comments:

Post a Comment