Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day - where'd the month go?

poem

Boy time is getting away from me fast, I can't believe it's already the 14th.   It was a pretty nice Valentine's Day around here.  We went to church, out for Chinese for lunch and then to see Avatar in 3D.  Other than the headache it produced, it was really pretty good.  I've never seen a 3D movie, so that was a treat.  And Carl bought me some perfume that I really like.

The best gift of this Valentine's Day though is I still have my oldest daughter with me.  Years ago, she was in the throes of depression and had suicidal thoughts.  It's hard for me to think that I could be here without her... but I'm so glad I'm not.

I love both the girls and hate to know they've dealt with depression.  To them and all the young people out there who think no one cares... I do.

twloha

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment