Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No Pirates Life For Me....

I'm a realist.  I could not bring myself to go to Pirates Fest.  Just couldn't.  Felt silly and weird for even thinking about it... truly.  I know that sounds mean and to all those who enjoy it, fantastic...but just not my cup of tea and I'd be a stick in the mud (enough with the cliches.. lol).


So we went to the National Museum of Transportation and climbed aboard old trains all the live long day (railroad song...get it).  These are some of my favorite shots of the day.



You can buy a ticket to ride...we did not.





Notice the passenger door compared to the baggage doors... sure does tell of an old society where everyone walked and was much thinner than today.






There's an actual train tunnel on site, but no one is allowed in.  The cool breeze in that area however was fantastic!




Sorry for the butt shot, couldn't pass it up.



This train fascinated me.  It's powered by 3-4 locomotives and does not move by itself.  Any guess what it may be?


This is me standing in front of it.



And here's Carl.  Did you guess a snowblower?  I didn't know what it was until I read about it.  But it was used in Wisconsin to clear up to 12' of snow off the tracks until it was replaced in 1984.

Rusted and standing alone...my favorite of them all.  It was built in 1899.

Hope you enjoyed the trip too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment