Sunday, November 21, 2010

W2 - D2 : Don't laugh at me.

Realized something profound tonight..in God's eyes, we're all the same.

I wasn't even going to blog today.  I'm heading to the doctor tomorrow because I think I have a sinus infection.  I've felt cruddy all weekend and just kind of put things to the side.  But I felt so convicted to write something and read my book.  I'm glad I did.

It told of a story where this lady was really annoyed at the day she was having.  It was one of those days where no matter how fast you try to get things done, someone else slows it down.  She was in line and the aging clerk was typing something up for the person in front of her.  Slowly.   She said she felt God say "I love her.  She's my child, try seeing her as I do."  The lady started looking the typist over as someone whom she loved and her heart softened towards the older woman.  She was cherished by God... just as much as the lady in line was.

Easily, I can picture in my mind a room with all my friends and family.  There are two hanging signs from the ceiling that read "Beautiful & Worthy Old Souls" and "Really? Them?"   I so often separate all these people into those two groups.  I admit, most of them I put in the beautiful and worthy pile because I just think they have a soul like no other.  But apparently, they do have souls like others because that side of the room is filled.  And then in the other area, the "Really's?"   There aren't many in this pile, but those who are aren't here for any reason worthwhile.  It's because they've made me mad in someway or we don't connect very well (be honest Kathie... I don't really care for them, but they're in my life because of someone else's choice).

So here I sit... thinking of the conversation above.  I can imagine myself opening the gate and letting everyone go into the other part of the room... they're all beautiful and worthy to God.   And that old saying "God loves you and I'm trying" comes to mind.  They're His children... who am I to say anything about anyone when a huge fear of mine is someone saying something about me?!  What's more ridiculous than anything is the only person who's really saying something about me is me.  I just don't really think I deserve to be lumped in with the rest of the crowd.  I feel like I have too much work to do on myself before I can go to the other side of the room... I know it's not true, but I'll get there someday.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." ~Galatians 2:20

 
Work through me, Lord, in every part of life. To you be all the glory. Amen!

Today's Scripture:
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. ~Psalm 139:23


No comments:

Post a Comment