Saturday, November 20, 2010

W2 - D1 : I'm afraid of the dark...

I'm always afraid of what's behind me in the dark...so much that I don't see any beauty to the light.




When I'm walking outside at night, I'm spooked. I imagine all kinds of things just lurking or running around underfoot. And when I'm walking in a dark area and step into the light, say from a street lamp, I never feel safe. I don't think about the protective glow and how it opens up my surroundings to me, I just focus on the darkness.

Today's Scripture:  You are all people who belong to the light and to the day.  We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.  ~1 Thessalonians 5:5

For most of my life, I liked the darkness.  Where there's light, I can be seen and that's never been a big thing of mine.  As I write, I realize it's been a salvation.  It's been saving me from the whispers and glares of others.  And these are the secrets of my mind... this is not something I would ever let anyone know because how much worse would they think of me?

I am often the first one to say, "you have two choices today...be happy or don't."  I really need to rephrase that and use it myself... "you have two choices today...see what's waiting for you or take the path you've been on."  This week, I'm going to try to lay aside those old fears.  I belong to the light and to the day.  

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." ~Galatians 2:20

 
Work through me, Lord, in every part of life. To you be all the glory. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment