Friday, September 14, 2012

120 Minutes



















To some people, 120 minutes spent walking is nothing.  I see them walking around the mall the entire day, around the zoo, for their job (mailmen!), and in other places.  They go about their walk with quiet, nonchalant looks on their faces as if it's nothing.  To them, I'm sure that's exactly how it feels...like nothing.

To me, 120 minutes spent walking is everything!  My better half and I went on a walking tour of Arrowhead Stadium (pro-football) and we walked for over 120 minutes without sitting down very often.  From time to time, we had a minute break but it wasn't really needed.  We just walked and walked and listened and enjoyed the time.  About an hour through, I leaned over and told him, "I'm thrilled to be able to say that my feet aren't hurting and I'm having a fantastic time!"  So there I was going about my walk with this goofy, yet thrilled grin on my face as if it's everything. Because to me, I'm sure that's exactly how it felt, like everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment