Monday, March 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Crockpot meals from Econobusters Ebook

So the other day I bought the combo cookbook package from Econobusters.  In the combo was "$7 Slow Cooker Suppers Quick & Easy" and "$5 Dinners & $3 Desserts Cheap and Delicious."  I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed.  For $12.95 it was filled with over 288 pages combined!   Both are filled with recipes that my family will eat (okay...not so much the soups, but that's just in general and has nothing to do with the books) and are budget friendly.   Both cookbooks has price breakdowns as examples of what each meal will cost and several of the crockpot recipes have photos to show the end result.  I can honestly say these cookbooks will be ones that I refer to often.  And I seldom use cookbooks.

This week, I'm trying three new meals from the crockpot edition (Italian chicken, bacon burgers & french dip sandwiches).  I thought they sounded really good.  And I went ahead and planned out the entire month with a mix of meals.

mpm2-1

Monday - Sloppy Joes, baked beans, corn (kid cooks)
Tuesday - Italian chicken, stuffing, green beans (crockpot)
Wednesday - Biscuits and gravy, sausage (husband cooks)
Thursday - Chili & Peanut butter sandwiches (crockpot)
Fix Your Own Dinner Night
Saturday - Bacon Burgers, corn & french fries (crockpot)
Sunday - French dip sandwiches, green beans, devilled eggs (crockpot)

No comments:

Post a Comment