Friday, November 19, 2010

Week 1: The Ins & Outs

Everytime I've worked to lose weight before, I would journal.  I journaled the basics and never really got into who I am and where I was coming from.  So I thought this time, since that's what I'm doing, I need to share at least the basics once a week.

FOOD:
I won't even lie, I'm so embarrassed to even think of posting my food log.  I did journal it down and what seemed like okay ideas to eat, now look even stupider than ever.  So I'm going to hold out on posting week one for now.  I only stayed in calorie range one day out of seven, so that's something I really need to work on.  And I really have to be honest with Carl tomorrow and let him know that I'm doing this.  He loves me... and he brings home snacks.  I should have said no several times, but didn't.  Also, I need a better meal plan.  I didn't really plan out a menu this week, just winged it like in the past.  That didn't go over so well.

Planned Calories: 8500
Actual Calories: 15470

*Okay... ouch. 

EXERCISE:
This week, I did manage to get in two days of exercise.  I pulled out the treadmill and made no excuses.  A year ago (or more), I put it away and said "the belt is slipping, we can't use it."  It's amazing how it works just fine when you stop lying about things because you don't want to. 

Planned Exercise: 80 Minutes
Actual Exercise: 45 Minutes


*Not good, but considering it's usually nothing or less than that... I'll take it.

BIBLE:

Bible reading just because didn't go so well.  I didn't once open my Bible once to read for fun. It was always in relation to either my journaling, my homework or for Connection Class.  This bothers me.  I didn't realize I've been slacking on it so much.

Planned Reading: 60 Minutes
Actual Reading:  None

CHANGES:
I know there are three definite things I want to work on in addition to those above.  And I know small steps are going to get me there, so I'm not rushing to add it all in.
1.  Daily Vitamin.  I forget to take it.
2.  Sleep.  I need to start getting in bed by 10:30.  I'm usually up till 1 or 2 and then get up for the day at 7:30.  I'm falling asleep during the day because of it.

3.  More water instead of soda. 

VICTORIES:
-I made it 25 minutes on the treadmill the other day only stopping once.  I realized that if I slow my speed down, I can go longer and feel better. 

-Having the courage to share what I'm feeling.  I've felt ashamed to diet for so long.  Even more ashamed to diet than for being fat.  I felt like everyone would be shocked to find that I wasn't on a diet when I knew I should be.  It was a strange way of thinking that kept me away from doing what's right. 

-One week in and not feeling like giving up on myself no matter how bad some of the week was.  Thank you Lord. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment