Wednesday, November 24, 2010

W2 - D4 : What do you want from me?

What would it take to have a miracle tossed my way?

So it seems that today's lesson was one of those days where God tosses things at you from all directions.  He's reinforcing what I'm learning and I truly sensed the interaction.  Let me start from the beginning.

Last night, before bed, I skimmed the title of today's topic.  It was "Expect A Miracle."  Okay, so I wake up this morning with the full intention of getting up early and exercising.  The alarm went off and I laid in bed another hour.  How, don't even know.  But when I got up, I got ready and hit the treadmill.  The movie 'Bruce Almighty' was on tv so I watched as I walked.  I've watched this movie many times and cannot remember the dialect about miracles between Bruce & God.  But this morning, you could have hit me with a frying pan it was so obvious.   Basically, it comes down to God saying we have the power inside ourselves to make miracles happen.  I mean, I know only some are truly the whole work of God, but with his power, what are we waiting for because miracles are being performed around us all the time. 

Then I get online and find a great article about exercise for the obese.  But what I really appreciated reading was "However, my guess is that most people will be glad to see you there, working out, and trying to improve your health. Anyone who thinks otherwise, isn’t worth your attention anyway!"  

So if that's not enough, I visited a new site that had this piece in it... "there are times I have to cut away all the psycho-babble and zero in for myself on the things that are unchanging and eternal. Faith, hope and love – by way of a Living God. I love it in His presence."

Tonight we went to the video store and picked up a Wii game that makes you move and sweat...and it was fun.  It was something I could do, not well, but I could do it.  So we sweated, laughed hard and danced badly...but it reinforced the fact that I can find joy in everything. 

Last but not least... all day I've had one song in my mind, playing over and over again. 

'I Cling to the Cross.'
I cling to the cross and everything it means
I know it's the only hope there is for saving me
For without Your great mercy
I would be forever lost
With a thankful heart I come
And cling to the cross

Verse:
Standing at the empty tomb
Promises I have in You arise
I was made alive in You
Everything You said was true
You suffered, died, and rose to bring us life

Chorus 2:
I cling to the cross and everything it means
I know it's the only hope there is for saving me
For without Your great mercy
I would be forever lost
With a thankful heart I come (Jesus I come)
With a thankful heart I come
With a thankful heart I come and cling to the cross

Bridge:
The world behind me, the cross before me
The world behind me, the cross before me
The world behind me, the cross before me
No turning back, no turning back

I truly believe a miracle happened in my life today.  I am not alone.  Not even close.  And with a thankful heart I come before you Lord and cling to the cross.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." ~Galatians 2:20

 
Work through me, Lord, in every part of life. To you be all the glory. Amen!
_____________________________________________
Today's Scripture:  The whole creation is on tiptoe to see the wonderful sight of the sons of God coming into their own. Romans 8:19

 

No comments:

Post a Comment